The Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy (CAFG) is a professional business league dedicated to advancing public awareness and understanding of the Forensic Genealogy profession while promoting and maintaining high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
Our objectives are to
- Advance public awareness and understanding of the profession.
- Encourage broader use of the services of qualified forensic genealogists.
- Promote and maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Encourage best practices in client services and business models.
- Promote interchange of information among members through electronic forums, trade publications, meetings and seminars.
- Provide education and training for professional advancement of membership.
- Assist fellow members in professional development through mentoring, full membership, credentialing, and awarding of fellowships.
- Influence legislation that impacts the profession or the ability to access public records.